The text book "Strategic Human Resource Management" an approach that defines how the organisations goal will be achieved through people by putting an integrated set of HR policies and practices to best use- seeks to explain the fundamental principles involved in inspiring people to give their best while seeking to achieve strategic goals of a firms.
The book is divided into four parts. The first part through light on how human resources could prove to be invaluable sources of a sustainable competitive advantage in a competitive environment. The second part deals with challenges faced by HR manager in getting top talent into a firm. To get the best out of people you need to train, develop and inspire people by putting excellent HR strategies and practices in place. The third part of the book deals with the developmental aspects that create the "fire in the belly" of employees. Perspiration, as the saying goes, does not go too far without a little amount of inspiration. The final part of the book deals with how firms can put equitable compensation practices to good use while trying to meet the strategic goals.
1. Introduction to Strategic Human Resource Management
2. HR Strategy and Organisational Performance
3. HR an Competitive Advantage
4. The Human Resource Environment
5. Strategic Human Resource Planning
6. Strategic Recruitment
7. Strategic Selection
8. Strategic Development of Human Resources
9. Strategic Management of Performance
10. Strategic Compensation
11. Strategic Approach to Industrial Relations
12. International Human Resource Management