In the past few years, Indian marketers had to deal with turbulent market conditions. On one side, the recession in the developed economies affected and its impact felt on the Indian markets. And on the other side, the marketers had to face stagnating volumes with parity in product brand offerings at the marketplace.
Through the second editions on 'Consumer Behaviour in Indian Perspective', the author has attempted to give in the hands of students pursuing MBA and other Postgraduate courses a text book which will help them to understand the various facets of consumer behaviour. The textbook has been prepared keeping in mind the diversity in Indian consumer`s tastes and preferences and how this can affect their buying behaviour.
- Each chapter commences with a real case study and concludes with another case study.
- The subject matter in the text has been supported by real Indian examples to facilitate easy understanding of the same.
- Every chapter is inclusive of a `Summary` as well as `Questions for discussion`, all relevant to the topics discussed therein.
- To facilitate additional reading a separate list titled, `Suggested Readings` has been given at the end of each chapter.
- Owing to the popularity of e-transactions, a new chapter on `Online Consumer Behaviour` has also been included in this text book.
PART I: INTRODUCTION AND OVER-VIEW TO THE STUDY OF CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
1. An Introduction to Consumer Behaviour
2. Consumer Modelling
PART II: INDIVIDUAL DETERMINANTS OF CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
3. Consumer Perception
4. Consumer - Learning
5. Personality and Lifestyle Influences
6. Attitudes and Behaviour
PART III: SOCIAL PROCESSES
8. Demographics, Social Class and Culture
9. Reference Group Influences
PART IV: CONSUMER DECISION MAKING, AFTER SALES ISSUES and Related Issues
10. Consumer Decision Making
11. Diffusion of Innovations and Opinion Leadership
12. Consumer Satisfaction
13. Relationship Marketing
PART V: ETHICS AND APPLICATION
15. Market Segmentation
PAET VI: ORGANISATIONAL AND ONLINE BEHAVIOUR
16. Organisational Buying Behaviour
17. Online Consumer Behaviour