This thoroughly revised fourth edition is basically written for B.Sc. & B.Tech. students of all Indian Universities & Institutes of Technical Education. The Vectors & Partial Derivatives are discussed in the first two chapters as a foundation. Beginning in the traditional manner with Electrostatics, the Dielectrics have been discussed in great depth. Along with the common topics of Electricity & Magnetism, the topics such as Alternating current, Maxwell’s Equations, Electromagnetic Waves, Radiation Emission, Relativity & Electrodynamics, Network Analysis & Network Theorems and the Units & Absolute Measurements were given a special attention. A large number of concrete examples & problems are included at the end of each chapter along with the oral questions to revise the subject matter. These will help those, preparing for competitive exams of IIT entrance, NET, GATE, IAS, etc.
The special features of this book are:
1. A full vector treatment of the subject,
2. The use of SI units throughout the text
3. Boundary value problems
4. Use of Laplace`s equation and methods of electrical images
5. Alternating current bridges and network analysis using Phasor algebra.
6. Oral question and large number of worked examples and problems to understand the subject.
2. Partial Derivatives and Repeated Integrals
3. Electric Charges and Electrostatic Field
4. Electrostatic Potential
5. Capacitors and Electrometers
7. Electrostatic Boundary Value Problems
8. Steady Current
11. Charged Particles in Electromagnetic Fields
12. Electromagnetic Induction
13. Magnetic Properties of Matter
14. Maxwell`s Equations and Electromagnetic Waves
15. Radiation Emission
16. Relativity and Electrodynamics
17. Alternating Current
18. Network Analysis and Network Theorems
19. Units and their Absolute Measurements