According to latest prescribed syllabus by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and State Boards of Punjab, Uttarakhand, Nagaland, Mizoram, Rajasthan, M.P., Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Bihar, Meghalaya, Maharashtra, Kerala, Tamilnadu, J.K. and all other states following NCERT Curriculum.
The book presents the complete syllabus prescribed by CBSE for the students of Class XI in clear-cut and coordinated manner. The text, based on NCERT pattern, has been developed to make physics learning easy and straight forward.
The salient features of the text are:
1. The subject matter has been arranged in a systematic manner in accordance with the latest CBSE syllabus and covering various state boards following NCERT curriculum.
2. The language is simple, lucid and easily understandable.
3. Summary in the form of important points given in each chapter provide an insight into the entire chapter. Students can use points for quick revision.
4. Each chapter contains good number of neat, explicit, well-labeled illustrative diagrams.
5. Large numbers of solved and unsolved problems on all topics have been given to promote the problem-solving abilities of students.
6. The application of Physics concepts to real-life situations has been emphasized. This will definitely make the study of the subject interesting and useful.
7. Very large number of reasoning based Solved problems under the sections, "Very Short Answer Questions" and "Short Answer Questions" are given.
At the end of each chapter good number of "multiple choice questions with answers and solutions" are given. Questions and problems appeared in various examinations have been added with answers and solutions respectively. Matching of Column type questions and Assertion-Reason type questions with answers and solutions are also given.
Useful Mathematical Relations and Tables
Unit I Physical World and Measurement
2. Units and Measurement
Unit II Kinematics
3. Motion in a Straight Line
4. Motion in a Plane
Unit III Laws of Motion
5. Laws of Motion
Unit IV Work, Energy and Power
6. Work, Power, Energy and Conservation Laws
Unit V Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
7. System of Particles and Rotational Motion
Unit VI Gravitation
Unit VII Properties of Bulk Matter
9. Mechanical Properties of Solids
10. Mechanical Properties of Fluids
Unit VIII Thermodynamics
12. Thermal Properties of Matter and Heat Transfer
Unit IX Behaviour of Perfect Gas & Kinetic Theory
14. Kinetic Theory of Gases
Unit X Oscillations & Waves