The Syllabus of BMS, is one of the advanced courses prescribed by the university of Mumbai, for financial management. The entire course is divided into 4 units and each unit has been given equal importance in marks-allotment. I Have Divided the unit no. III in two chapters and the last unit − IV in 3 chapters, totaling 12 chapters.
This book is sweepingly wide, covering financial management / working capital management / leverages / appraisal of investments and long-short term sources of finance etc. I have endeavoured to make the students remember easily by giving in bold-letters the important description for easy remembrance in examination.
The book is more student friendly and hopefully it continues to receive the patronage of the students and faculty alike far subjects in financial management. Since the reforms and amendments are a continuous process of development, students may affect the changes wherever occurred in future.
1. Introduction of Financial Management
2. Working Capital Management
3. Receivables Management
4. Cash Management and Cash Budget
5. Types of Capital
6. Cost of Capital and Capital Structures
7. Types of Leverages
8. Capital Budgeting and Evaluation of Capital Expenditure
9. Techniques of Appraisal of Investment Proposal
10. Business Restructuring and Valuation of an Enterprise
11. Mergers and Acquisitions
12. Long-term and Short-term Sources of Finance and Securitization