The book LABOUR LAWS is an aggregate but an abridged form of the above titles. It will be useful to B. B. A., B. Com., B.A (Corporate Secretaryship), B.L., B.L.M., M.B.A., M.Com., M.L.M., I.C.W.A., A.C.S. and all those who wish to have an overview of Legal aspects of labour legislation in India. The subject matter of Labour Laws has been divided into 10 chapters, covering several enactments relating to working conditions, wages, bonus, gratuity, maternity benefits, provident fund, employees insurance, etc.
Unfortunately the provisions of Labour Laws are generally so worded that it is difficult for persons like most of the managers with little or no legal background to understand and interpret them correctly. For their benefit and guidance an attempt is, therefore, made in the form of this publication to explain in simple language important Labour enactments which regulate the working, employment and service conditions of the vast majority of industrial workers in the country.
1. The payment of Wages Act, 1936
2. The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
3. The Equal Remuneration Act, 1976
4. The Employees State Insurance Act, 1948
5. The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961
6. The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1975
7. The Factories Act, 1948
8. The Industrial Employees (Standing Orders) Act, 1946
9. The Minimum Wages Act, 1948
10. The Employees provident Fund (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1952