The science of accounting is a continuing one and is still in the process of development. New accounting techniques, procedures and concepts have become necessary to keep pace with changing economic conditions and therefore with changing objectives of accounting.
International and national accounting bodies such as "Accounting Standards Institute" and Institute of Chartered Accountants of India" are persistently, attempting to formulate, introduce and implement accounting principles, policies and standards keeping in view the needs of fast changing business world.
Unique Features of this book are :
- The entire book is designed on "teach yourself" technique which enables the students to learn faster.
- Theory is written in simple language discussing each topic with clarity. .
- With a view of developing sufficient confidence amongst the students to solve problems in examinations. Every solved problem is followed by a similar unsolved exercise. To illustrate, a student can solve Illustration 1, then to test his own understanding of the concepts explained in the Illustration he can solve exercise Ex. 1 (an unsolved problem based upon Illustration 1). The detailed answers to unsolved exercises with hints and notes have been given at the bottom of each exercise. .
- Sufficient illustrations, summary charts have been given at proper places to enable the students to understand the subject properly. .
- Problems set by the Indian Universities and professional institutions in the examinations up to March, 2012 have been included either by way of illustrations and exercises. A special care has been taken to sequence these problems by using the teaching principles of `Simple to complex`.
1. Bank Final Accounts
2. Hire Purchase System (Excluding Hire Purchase Trading Account)
3. Insurnace Claims (Loss of Stock and Profit)
4. Introduction to Stock Markets
5. Introduction to Cost Accounting and Management Accounting
Model Questions as per Revised Format