The book Industrial Relations and Labour Laws deals with different aspects of labour relations and labour laws. The book contains altogether 33 chapters, 5 appendices, and a bibliography, spread over in two parts.
The book presents the material in a simple and lucid style for somewhat easy understanding of a conceptual and legally complex subject. It is addressed mainly to meet the needs of students and practitioners.
The book deals with different dimensions of industrial relations and selected labour laws. It contains altogether 33 chapters, 6 appendices, a bibliography, and an index.
Slient features -
- Presents the material in a simple and lucid style for easy understanding of the subject.
- An authoritative and up-to-date text.
- Addressed minly to meet the needs of students and practitioners.
PART I : INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
1. A Prelude to industrial Relations
2. Evolutions of Industrial Relations
3. Grievance Function in Industrial Relations
4. Discipline in Industrial Relations
5. Labour Administration in India
6. Industrial Disputes Prevention and Settlement
7. Industrial Unrest Cause And Cures
8. Trade Unionism and Industrial Relations
9. Wage Issues in Industrial Relations
10. Collective Bargaining
12. Productivity Bargaining
13. Workers Participation in Industry
14. Industrial Relations in Public Sector
15. Industrial Relations in Changing environment
PART II : LABOUR LAWS
16. Labour and the Constitution
17. Labour Laws An Overview
18. The Apprentices Act 1961
19. The Maharashtra Shops and Establishments Act 1948
20. The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act 1970
21. The Employees Compensation Act 1923
22. The Employees Provident Funds and Miscellanous Provision Act 1952
23. The Employees State Insurance Act 1948
24. The Equal Remuneration Act 1976
25. The Factories Act 1948
26. The Industrial Disputes Act 1947
27. The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act 1946
28. The Matermity Benefit Act 1961
29. The Minimum Wages Act 1948
30. The Payment of Bonus Act 1965
31. The Payment of Gratuity Act 1972
32. The Payment of Wages Act 1936
33. The Trade Unions Act 1926
Appendix A - Disciplinary Proceedings in Industry
Appendix B - Comparative Statement Showing Important Provisions of the Bombay Industrial Relations Act and Industrial Disputes Act
Appendix C - Recommendations of the Ramanujam Committee
Appendix D - Observation and Recommendations of the National Commission on Labour 2002 on Industrial Relations and Labour Laws
Appendix E - Contract Labour System
Appendix F - Glossary of Selected Labour Law Terms