Business Mathematics, a subject, has gained considerable importance over last few years. It deals with the applications of certain areas of Mathematics such as Calculus, Matrices, Linear Programming etc. in solving problems of Commerce, Management and Economics. Therefore, one must have knowledge of Mathematics along with exposure of Commerce and Economics to Understand the subject properly.
In view of this, the book, the book has been designed in such a manner a student who has no prior knowledge of Commerce, Economics or even Mathematics will be able to understand the subject comfortably. The book features an optimum combination of theory and applications of various topics begin covered in undergraduate and post graduate programmes. The primary strength of the book lies in the simple, lucid and illustration presentation.
In this edition the following additions have been made :
- Number of solved illustrations have been increased in all the chapters dealing with application of mathematics in economics and commerce.
- Chapter on `Transportation and Assignment` has been redesigned and simplified by inserting new text and examples. `Stepping stone method` and `MODI method` have been simultaneously applied on the same problems so as to give better understanding of their fundamentals.
- Chapter on `Matrices and Determinant` has been enlarged so as to include closed input-output model and other relevant issues.
- The uses of index row in the optimal solution table has been highlighted with the help of illustrations in the chapter `Linear Programming`.
- Solved question paper of Delhi University B.Com (Hons.)-2009 has been included in the appendix alongwith paper of earlier years.
1. Matrices and Determinants
2. Applications of Matrices
3. Linear Programming Formulation and Graphical Mathod
4. Linear Programming-Simplex Method
5. Functions, Limits and Continuity
7. Application of Derivatives
8. Partial Differentiation-Concepts
9. Applications of Partial Differentiation
11. Applications of Integration
12. Mathematics of Finance
14. Theory of Sets
15. Permutations and Combinations
16. Mathematical Induction
17. Sequence and Series
18. Binomial Theorem
19. Algebra of Vectors