The second edition of this book has following changes incorporated due to change in syllabie of some universities.
1. Electrical conduction and Lorentz-Drade theory has been included.
2. An appendix on 'superconducitivity' has been added which gives an introduction to this topic of current interest and thus completes the chapter on low temperature.
3. A new chapter on 'Quantum Statistics' has been included considering its importance in B.Sc. (Honours) and three year degree courses.
4. Some derivations have been changed or given in more details.
1. Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics and Temperature
2. First Law of Thermodynamics
3. Perfect Gases
4. Concept of Real Gases
5. Second Law of Thermodynamics and Entropy
6. Applications of Laws of Thermodynamics
7. Experimental Applications of Thermodynamics (Production of Low Temperatures)
8. Thermal Conduction in Solids
9. Elements of Classical Statistics
10. Kinetic Theory of Gases
11. Transport Phenomenon in Gases
12. Thermal Radiation
13. Quantum Theory of Radiation
14. Specific Heat of Solids and Gases
15. Quantum Statistics
Appendix A - Super conductivity
Appendix B - Some useful definite integrals
Appendix C - Physical constants and conversion factors