The mind of the superior man is conversant with righteousness; The mind of the mean man is conversant with gain.
Ethics has become the buzzword in the corporate world because of globalization and communication explosion. Ethics is related to every aspect of our life. It is the set of the guiding principle for doing right things.
Ethics is a part of business and the business cannot overlook various ethical issues. Business Ethics has been a hot topic and a growing discipline in India.
This book is an adventure into the world of Business Ethics, Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Corporate Governance deals essentially with ethical issues. The need to study Corporate Governance has become imperative in view of the number of international frauds and other irregularities that the business world has seen from the third quarter of the last century.
I am fully aware reference books are rather heavy for the majority of the students. It does not mean that students should follow the easy path and use only exam-oriented books.
Only I have made humble attempt to fill up the gap and help the students and teachers community giving them a suitable textbook catering to their special needs.
1. Introduction to Ethics
2. Business Ethics
3. Code of Conduct
4. Business Practices
5. Corporate Governance
6. Whistle Blowing and Insider Trading
7. Evolution of Corporate Governance
8. Models of Corporate Governance
9. Recommendations of Various Committees on Corporate Governance
10. Various Committees for Effective Corporate Governance
11. Disclosure Requirements
12. Corporate Governance Rating
13. Scams and Scandals
14. Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
15. Arguments for and against CSR
16. Social Responsibility towards Different Stakeholders
17. CSR Initiatives
18. Corporate Governance in Banks
19. Frauds in Banks
20. Corporate Governance in Insurance Industry
21. Fraud in Insurance Industry
22. Corporate Governance in Globalised Economy
24. Computer Crime