Financial Management is an integral part of Business education. Keeping this in mind, Bangalore University introduced a full paper titled “Essentials of Financial Management,” in Semester III as core paper. But just having fundamental knowledge on Financial Management may not help those who want to specialize in finance. So, the students need to understand Finance Theories for effective financial strategies. Thus, Bangalore University introduced “Advanced Financial Management,” for the Semester V B.Com. (Finance specialisation) students, which is a welcome step.
I have brought out “Advanced Financial Management,” to meet the need of the Semester V B.Com. students, Bangalore University. I am aware of the fact there are several good books already available at expensive price and majority of them cover much of material which is out of syllabi.
I claim uniqueness for my book on the following:
- Comprehensive coverage of the subject — for the targeted students.
- Presentation of subject, which is direct and which is free from verbosity and tautology.
- Pedogogic aids comprising 50 illustrations and 80 solved problems.
- Self-taught tools comprising 80 fill in the blanks statements with answers, 80
true or false statements with answers, and 70 problems with answers.
1. Investment Decisions and Risk Analysis
2. Sources of Capital
3. Capital Structure Theories
4. Dividend Theories
5. Planning and Forecasting of Working Capital
6. Cash Management
7. Receivables Management
8. Inventory Management
Skill Development Exercises