The book has retained its three main constituents — Labour Welfare, Trade Unionism and Industrial Relations; but in a revised and reorganised form. Keeping in view, the significant impact of the cataclysmic changes taking place in the country under economic reforms commonly known as LPG model, i.e., Liberalisation, Privatisation and Globalisation, the book presents the current scene in this field in a new and updated perspective.
Besides this, the book contains a new part added - 'other important topics' which has a focus on diverse aspects like:
- Issues of segments of Labour like - child labour, women workers.
- Human Resource Management: HRM - as a present approach to handling of labour relations.
- Labour Market: Problems pertaining to employment, i.e., displacement and utilisation of labour.
- 2nd National Commission on Labour and a gist of its recommendations.
Part I : Labour Welfare
1. Growth of Modern Industry and Impact of Industrialisation
2. Concept of Labour Welfare
3. Need and Scope of labour Welfare
4. Labour Welfare: Historical Development
5. Labour Welfare Practices in India
6. Labour Welfare Practices in India
7. Agencies for Labour Welfare
8. Social Security Measures
9. Labour’s and Employer’s Views on Welfare
Part II : Trade Unionism
10. Birth of the Trade Union Movement
11. Trade Unions: Concept and Definition
12. Trade Unionism in Advanced Countries: India
13. Trade Unions in Development Countries: India
14. History of Labour Movement in India
15. Characteristic Features of Indian Trade Unions
16. Trade Unions: Type, Union Security and Legislation
Part III : Industrial Relations
17. Industrial Relations: Basic Outline
18. A Broader Perspective
19. Collective Bargaining
20. Industrial Relation in India
21. Industrial Relations at the Undertaking/Plant Level
22. Machinery for the Settlement of Industrial Disputes
23. Worker’s Participation in Management
24. Industrial Relations in the Sector
25. Industrial Relations in the Small-Scale Sector
26. Impact of I.L.O
Part IV : Other Important Topics
27. Human Resource Management (HRM)
28. Women Workers
29. Child Labour
30. Labour Market and Employment: An Update
31. Second National Communication on Labour