It is immense pleasure on our part to bring out the first edition of Himalaya Publication’s 'Introductory Micro and Macro Economics' for the students of Class XII CBSE. The edition has been prepared strictly according to the syllabus of economics prescribed by Central Board of Secondary Education (Delhi) and NCERTRT. Our book is very compact, concise, to the point and strictly based on CBSE syllabus. This book is remarkable due to its lucidity of expression and right choice of direction. This book is enriched with economic explanation of both micro economics and macro economic ideas with real-life examples, diagrams, mathematical formulae and derivation along with numerical problems solved and unsolved and CBSE question scanners with appendix. We are very much confident that this book is going to cater the needs of young scholars and respected teachers of several reputed institutions. We sincerely invite suggestions for improvement from all readers of the book, teachers and students alike.
- Strictly based on the new syllabus of Economics, prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and NCERT.
- The book is compact, concised and to the point.
- The book is remarkable due to its lucidity of expression and right choice of diction.
- The book is enriched with economic explanation of both Micro and Macro Economics theories, with practical examples, diagrams, mathematical formulae, derivations, value added questions, CBSE question scanner and numerical sums both solved and unsolved.
- Appendix and Glossary are also given.
- The book is absolutely student-friendly and definitely cater the needs of the class XII board students.
PART A: INTRODUCTORY MICRO ECONOMICS
UNIT I: INTRODUCTION
1. Introduction of Micro and Macro Economics
2. Central Problems of an Economy
UNIT II: CONSUMER’S EQUILIBRIUM AND DEMAND
3. Consumer's Equilibrium-Utility Analysis
4. Consumer's Equilibrium: Indifference Curve Analysis
5. Demand Analysis
6. Elasticity of Demand
UNIT III: PRODUCER BEHAVIOUR AND SUPPLY
7. Production Function: Returns to a Factor
8. Cost Analysis
9. Concept of Revenue and Profit
10. Equilibrium of the Firm (Producer): A General View
11. Concept of Supply and Elasticity of Supply
UNIT IV: FORMS OF MARKET AND PRICE DETERMINATION
12. Market Morphology
13. Main Market Forms
14. Market Mechanism under Perfect Competition and Effects of Changes in Demand and Supply on the Equilibrium Price
UNIT V: SIMPLE APPLICATIONS OF TOOLS OF DEMAND AND SUPPLY
15. Simple Applications of Tools of Demand and Supply Curves
PART B: INTRODUCTORY MACRO ECONOMICS
UNIT VI: NATIONAL INCOME AND RELATED AGGREGATES
16. Basic Concepts of Macroeconomics
17. National Income
UNIT VII: MONEY AND BANKING
19. Banking System
UNIT VIII: DETERMINATION OF INCOME AND EMPLOYMENT
20. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
21. Propensity to Consume, Save and Investment
22. Determination of Equilibrium Level of Income and Multiplier Analysis
23. Problems of Excess Demand and Deficient Demand
UNIT IX: GOVERNMENT BUDGET AND THE ECONOMY
24. Government Budget and Economy
UNIT X: BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
25. Foreign Exchange Rate
26. Balance of Payments