The book 'Tourism Management' is a labour of love. The interface of professional knowledge in tourism and human interaction with customers makes it a dynamic and challenging field for tourism professionals. Tourism Management is an introduction to the Tourism Industry. It provides a comprehensive overview of all facets of tourism including the historical development of tourism, types of tourism, travel agents and tour operators, airlines, itinerary planning and costing, tourism marketing, environmental issues, impact of tourism and future trends in tourism etc.
There is a felt need for a tourism text book addressing the current issues and operations of the tourism industry. The book provides a practical roadmap of the Tourism Industry and is based on the syllabus of tourism courses. This book will fill the void of a text book written specially for students, new entrants in the industry and experienced staff. It gives an insight into the practical and theoretical aspects of working in the industry and the latest technological innovations in tourism operations. Richly illustrated with diagrams, maps and statistical tables, it gives the student a thorough knowledge of the exciting world of Tourism.
1. Introduction to Tourism
2. The Historical Development of Organised Tourism
3. Overview of Tourism Industry
4. Different Types of Tourism
5. Tourism Companies - The working of Travel Agents and Tour Operators
6. Tourism Organizations
7. Surface Transportatin Bus, Coach and Railways
8. Water Transportation - Cruises
10. Itinerary Planning and Costing
11. Tourism Marketing
12. Tourism - Human Resources Training and Development
13. Service Factor in Tourism
14. Impact of Tourism and Environmental Issues in Tourism
15. Future Trends in Tourism