Legal Regulatory Framework is an important constituent of the business and corporate environment. No corporate entity can effectively work and survive without meeting legal obligations. The law relating to contracts is perhaps the most significant and all-pervasive amongst the various Business Regulations Framework.
The book Business Regulations covers the legal and regulatory aspects of formation and discharge of Contracts, Sale of Goods, Negotiable Instruments, Consumer Protection, Competition Act, Right to Information Act, Information Technology, Foreign Exchange Management, Environment Protection, etc. in the following order.
Unit 1 : Introduction to Business Laws - Chapter 1 and 2
Unit 2 : Contract Laws - Chapter 3 to 11
Unit 3 : Information Laws - Chapters 12 and 13
Unit 4 : Competition and Consumer Laws - Chapter 14 and 15
Unit 5 : Economic and Environmental Laws - Chapter 16 and 17
The Indian Contract Act, 1872 which governs contract in India is the earliest piece of legislation which the country has produced. Since the book is meant for students of Law, Commerce and Management Institutes, the authors have dealt with the provisions of the Act topic-wise for facilitating better understanding of the subject. Examples, case jaws, etc. have been given to illustrate the provisions of the Act. Suitable headings and sub-headings have been given to focus the attentions of the reader on important aspects of company law.
The chapter arrangement in this text have been made in a systematic and logical way with examples, illustrations and charts. The important judicial decisions on the various issues have also been included. It is a very useful book, not only to the students of B.Com., BBA, M.Com. and MBA courses but also to the professionals and consultants.
Unit - 1
1. Nature and Scope of Business Laws
2. Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles of State Policies
Unit - 2
3. The Contract Act, 1877 Agreement and Contract
4. Offer and Acceptance
5. Consideration and Capacity
6. Free Consent
7. Object and Public Policy
8. Contingent and Quasi-Contracts
9. Discharge and Performance of Contract
10. Breach of Contract and Remedies
Unit - 3
11. The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
12. The Information Technology Act, 2000
13. The Right to Information Act, 2005
Unit - 4
14. The Competition Act, 2002
15. The Consumer Protection Act, 1986
Unit - 5
16. The Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
17. The Environment Protection Act, 1986