It gives us immense pleasure to introduce this book on "International Banking and Finance" to the teachers and students of Third Year B.Com. (Banking and Insurance), Semester V. The book fully covers the syllabus, as prescribed by the University of Mumbai.
This book is thought-provoking and accessible in approach. An updated version, written in lucid language with an elaborated way of explaining important concepts in a simple way. This book on International Banking and Finance, second revised version provides a user-friendly introduction to the subject, taking a clear structural framework, it guides the reader through the subject's core elements. A flowing writing style combined with the use of illustrations and diagrams throughout the text to ensure the reader understands even the most complex of concepts. This succinct and enlightening overview is a required reading for basic graduate-level students.
1. Introduction to International Finance
2. Balance of Payments
3. International Capital Market
4. International Bond Market
5. Foreign Exchange Market Theory
6. Exchange Rate Determination and Reporting
7. Interest Rate Parity
8. Foreign Exchange Risk and Exposure
9. Risk Management and Foreign Currency Hedging Decisions Futures and Options
10. Evolution International Banking
11. Functional Aspects of International Banking