It gives us immense pleasure to present the first edition of book "Compter Oriented Statistical Techniques" to the teachers and students of Semester - IV of S.Y.B.Sc. (Information Technology). This book has been written as per the syllabus prescribed by University of Mumbai with effect from academic year 2017-18.
The whole syllabus is divided in to V units and XIII chapters. In each chapter, the concept and theory is followed by sufficient number of solved examples.
1. The Mean, Median, Mode and Other Measures of Central Tendency
2. The Standard Deviation and Other Measures of Dispersion
3. Introduction to R
4. Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis
5. Elementary Probability Theory
6. Elementary Sampling Theory
7. Statistical Estimation Theory
8. Statistical Decision Theory
9. Statistics in R
10. Small Sampling Theory
11. The Chi-Square Test
12. Curve Fitting and the Method of Least Squares
13. Correlation Theory