It gives us great pleasure to present a book "Fundamentals of Algorithms" for S.Y.B.Sc. (Sem. IV) Computer Science. This book is based on new syllabus prescribed by Mumbai University from 2017-18. The main topics have been divided into subtopics for easy understanding. A number of solved examples have been included in the book with their implementation in Python. 'Mcq's are provided to enhance aptitude skills.'
Fundamentals of Algorithm is designed to serve as a textbook for undergraduate students of B.Sc. (CS) for the course of programming and problem solving. This textbook is easy to understand the basic concepts of Algorithm and its implementation in Python.
Key Features -
- Introducing the basic concepts of Algorithm, such as analysis of algorithm, complexity of algorithm and asymptotic notation.
- It covers the basic data structure like stack, queues and trees, searching and sorting techniques etc.
- All the practicals mentioned in the Mumbai University syllabus are implemented using Python.
- Provides a flexible blend of both the theoretical concepts and Python implementation.
- Provide exercises at the end of each section to reinforce students understanding each topic.
- For enhancing the aptitude skills, multiple choice questions are provided.
1. Introduction to Algorithm
2. Asymptotic Analysis
3. Recurrence Relations
7. Algorithm Design Techniques
8. Greedy Algorithms
9. Divide and Conquer Algorithms
10. Dynamic Programming
Multiple Choice Questions