This text on Practical Physics has been primarily written to cover all the experiments as per the revised syllabus for 2017-18 prescribed for Second Year B.Sc. Semester IV (Physics) by the University of Mumbai. It is our endeavour to present the experiments in proper form and also suggest to set-up Basic Demonstration experiments. We reasonably feel that this text will enable students to perform experiments with confidence and understanding.
Theoretical aspect has been additionally given for which will help students to understand the experiment in proper perspective.
The procedure of each experiment is given sequentially. The observation table are given for proper presentation of various measured quantities.
All the necessary diagrams are given for proper setting up of the apparatus. All the required circuit diagram, graphs, formulae are provided. Precautions which are to be taken while performing experiments are given wherever necessary.
01. Optical Lever: Determination of µ
02. Cylindrical Obstacle: Determination of ?
03. Single Slit Diffraction
04. Fresnel's Bi-prism: Determination of ?
05. Determination of Cauchy's Constants
06. Resolving Power of Telescope
07. Resolving Power of Grating
08. R.P. of Prism
09. Brewster’s Law: Determination of µ
10. Double Refraction
12. Laser Beam Profile
13. Determination of Wavelength of Laser using Grating
14. Determination of R.I. of Liquid by Laser
15. µ by Total Internal Reflection
01. Square Wave Oscillator using Gates
02. Half Adder and Full Adder (7486, 7408)
03. Study of MS-JK Flip-Flop
04. Study of Latch (74LS373)
05. Study of 3:8 Decoder (74LS138)
06. Study of 8:3 Priority Encoder (74LS148)
07. Counters Mod 2, 5 and 10
08. Shift Registers
09. Transistorized Astable Multivibrator
10. Transistorized Monostable Multivibrator
11. Transistorized Bistable Multivibrator
12. Op-Amp as Astable Multivibrator
13. IC 555 Timer as Astable Multivibrator
14. IC 555 Timer as Monostable Multivibrator
15. IC 555 Timer as a Ramp Generator