I am pleased to present the book on Corporate Communication and Public Relations to the students of T.Y.BMS (Semester – V), University of Mumbai. The book has been written as per the syllabus prescribed by the University with effect from academic year 2018-2019.
The book gives an insight about the varied aspects of Corporate Communication and Public Relations that would definitely help students gain clarity and understanding on the practical aspect of the subject, as the author has blended his rich experience of industry with academics.
This book will prove to be a valuable source for building a strong foundation in student's career and will encourage them to think out of the box that will go a long way in stimulating innovation in the field of Corporate Communication and Public Relations.
UNIT I: FOUNDATION OF CORPORATE COMMUNICATION
1. Corporate Communication: Scope and Relevance
2. Key Concept in Corporate Communication
3. Ethics and Law in Corporate Communication
UNIT II: UNDERSTANDING PUBLIC RELATIONS
4. Fundamentals of Public Relations
5. Emergence of Public Relations
6. Public Relations Environment
7. Theories Used in Public Relations
UNIT III: FUNCTIONS OF CORPORATE COMMUNICATION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
8. Media Relations
9. Employee Communication
10. Crisis Communication
11. Financial Communication
UNIT IV: EMERGING TECHNOLOGY IN CORPORATE COMMUNICATION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
12. Contribution of Technology to Corporate Communication
13. Information Technology in Corporate Communication
14. Corporate Blogging