It gives great pleasure to present my doctoral study titled "Contribution of the Jains to the Economic and Socio-cultural Development of the City of Bombay (1860-1960)". It is a humble attempt to document the Jain community in the historical perspective. This research has become possible due to the support of a number of people.
2. The Jain Population in Bombay (1850-196) — An Overview
3. Cotton Boom (1861-1865)
4. Contribution of the Jains to the Economic Development of the City of Bombay (1866-1996)
5. Social Structure and Occupational Avenues
6. Role of the Jains in Health, Education and Philanthropy
7. Contribution of the Jains to the Cultural Life of the City of Bombay