Financial Management is an integral part of Business education. Keeping this in mind, Tumkur University introduced a full paper titled "Financial Management", in Semester V as core paper. But just having fundamental knowledge on Financial Management may not help those who want to specialize in finance. So, the students need to understand Finance Theories for effective financial strategies. Thus, Tumkur University introduced "Advanced Financial Management" for the Semester VI, B.Com. (Accounting and Finance Group) students, which is a welcome step.
I claim uniqueness for my book on the following:
- Comprehensive coverage of the subject — for the targeted students.
- Presentation of subject, which is direct and which is free from verbosity and tautology.
- Pedagogic aids comprising 50 illustrations and 70 solved problems.
- Self-taught tools comprising 70 fill in the blanks statements with answers, 70 true or false statements with answers, and 70 problems with answers.
Though the book is targeted at Semester VI, B.Com. students of Tumkur University, others also will find the book highly useful, who are keen in learning advance topics in Financial Management.
1. Cost of Capital
2. Capital Structure Theories
3. Capital Budgeting and Risk Analysis
4. Dividend Theories
5. Working Capital Management
6. Sources of Working Capital
7. Depository System and Dematerialisation
8. The Depositories Act, 1996
Skill Development Exercises
Appendix — Future Value and Present Value