Managerial Economics, Business Economics, Economics for Business and Management, Economics of Firms, Economics of Business Enterprise, Economics for Managers, Economics of Business Decisions and Economics for Decision-making are the synonyms of the paper designed as the basic subject in Commerce, Applied Economics and Business Management Courses and in Professional Courses like B.E., ICWA and CA. Even though there are books written by foreign as well as Indian authors available on the subject, they do not meet the requirements of an average student. Therefore, this book has been written keeping this point in mind.
Salient Features of the Book -
1. The main aim in writing this book is precise and concise exposition of the concepts, principles and theories.
2. This book includes numerical exercises wherever it is needed for the economics concepts.
3. Another objective of this book is the lucid style and simplicity of expression.
4. At the end of each chapter, exercises in the form of multiple choice type questions including UGC-NET questions have been given to enable the students for preparing for Group-I Services, UGC Tests for Junior Research Fellowships and Eligibility Test for Lectureship.
5. The problem-oriented questions of the UGC-NET have also been solved at the end of the relevant chapters.
6. This book covers the syllabi prescribed for B.Com., M.Com., B.B.A., M.B.A. and M.A. degree courses of various Autonomous Colleges, Indian Universities and Professional Courses like B.E., ICWA and CA.
PART - I : INTRODUCTION AND OBJECTIVES OF A FIRM
2. Objectives of A Firm
PART – II : DEMAND ANALYSIS
3. Demand Determinants, Law of Demand and Demand Distinctions
4. Elasticity of Demand
5. Cardinal Analysis
6. Indifference Curve Analysis
7. Demand Forecasting
PART - III : PRODUCTION ANALYSIS
8. Factors of Production
9. Production Functions
PART - IV : SUPPLY, COST AND REVENUE ANALYSES
10. Supply Analysis
11. Cost Analysis
12. Revenue Analysis
PART - V : PRICING ANALYSIS
13. Pricing under Different Market Conditions
14. Pricing Policy and Methods
PART - VI : PROFIT ANALYSIS, BREAK-EVEN ANALYSIS AND PROJECT APPRAISAL
15. Profit Management
16. Profit Policies and Profit Planning
17. Break-Even Analysis and Profit Forecasting
18. Capital Budgeting
19. Cost of Capital
20. Evaluation Techniques for Project Appraisal
PART - VII : MACRO ECONOMICS
21. Macro Economics for Business Decision Making