The present book The Critical Appreciation of Songs of Soul and Soil is a remarkable analysis of an anthology, Songs of Soul and Soil. The anthology has attracted the attention of the global readers for its aesthetic appeal. Many writers are attempting to translate the book in various regional languages while many researchers dealing with Indian English language are pursuing their research in this for Ph.D., M.Phil. and Dissertations, etc. Also, many papers have been published and presented across National and International level Seminars and Conferences.
The writer in the present book has taken visible efforts to analyse each given poem in detail. Naturally, the easy flow of language, i.e., lucid and free flowing, makes it easier to comprehend. The theme-based chapters have analysed the wide range of poems related to the portrayal of Indian women, Indian farming and agricultural life, human nature, education and academic world, Traditional performing Arts and the discussion of the stylistic concerns employed in the book.
1. Portrayal of Indian Women in Songs of Soul and Soil
2. Poems on Human Nature and Types in Songs of Soul and Soil
3. Poems on Indian Rural Life in Songs of Soul and Soil
4. Portrayal of Academic world in Songs of Soul and Soil
5. Miscellaneous Poems in Songs of Soul and Soil
6. Poems on Traditional Performing Art Forms of Maharashtra in Songs of Soul and Soil
7. Stylistic Concerns in Songs of Soul and Soil