This book, "An Introduction to Micro Economics" is an introductory text book on Micro Economics designed primarily for B.A. Economics course in Indian Universities. This book deals with the basic principles and concepts. It has a broad coverage of elements of Micro Economics.
Special Features of the Book
• The main aim in writing this book is precise and concise exposition of the principles and tenets.
• Another main objective of this book is the lucid style and simplicity of expression.
• It covers the new curriculum of the Indian Universities.
• One more salient feature of the book is that it also covers most area of the syllabi prescribed in Autonomous Colleges of Indian Universities.
• At the end of the chapters, exercises.
In the form of objective type questions (including Civil Services Examinations questions of various years) have been given to enable the students of the under-graduate level for preparing for the Civil Services Examinations and U.G.C. Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility Test for Lectureship. These exercises will provide the students with an idea of the pattern of questions which are likely to be set at the above said examinations.
2. Concept of Equilibrium
3. Cardinal Analysis
4. Ordinal Analysis
5. Revealed Preference Theory
6. Individual Behaviour Under Situations Involving Risk and Uncertainy
7. Factors of Production
8. Theory of production
9. Production Functions
11. Cost and Cost Curves
12. Revenue and Revenue Curves
13. Supply Analysis
14. Perfect Competition
15. Imperfect Competition
17. Discriminating Monopoly
18. Bilateral Monopoly
22. Non-Collusive Olgopoly or Classical Models of Oligopoly
23. Theories of Oligopoly Pricing
24. Monopolistic Competition