Rural Marketing is much talked and less practiced subject needing serious attention from all stake holders. A detailed all in one book was very essential for Indian students of PG level in management, Agriculture, Commerce and competitive examinations like IAS. The book broadly covers following specialties:
- Rural environment, socio-cultural and ethos.
- Problems associated with rural sector and changing scenario.
- Strategies for marketing of consumer goods and FMCG in rural sector.
- Strategies for marketing of rural produce in towns, cities and exports.
- Marketing of outputs of Agro-industries, forestry, poultry, animal husbandry and handicrafts.
- Role of co-operatives, government bodies and financial institutions.
- Development of food industries, productivity, efficiency, excellence in rural India.
- Case studies, statistics and real world examples are covered in each chapter.
1. Overview of Marketing Management
2. Rural Marketing − Definition & Scenario
3. Rural Demand and Rural Market Index
4. Market Forces and Price Determination
5. Problems in Rural Marketing
6. Markets and Market Structure
7. Marketing Agricultural Input
8. Marketing of Consumer Durables
9. Rural Marketing Strategies
10. Marketing of Farm Inputs
11. Agricultural Marketing − Definition and Scope
12. Agricultural Marketing and Economic Development
13. Producer`s Surplus of Agricultural Commodities
14. Projection of Demand and Supply of Farm Product
15. Scientific Marketing of Farm Products
16. Risk Management and Futures Market
17. Marketing of Farm Products
18. Transportation of Farm Products
19. Grading and Standardization
20. Storage and Warehousing
22. Market Information
23. Food Processing and Manufacturing
24. Marketing Agencies and Institutions
25. Traditional Agricultural Marketing System
26. Integration, Efficiency, Cost and Price Spread
27. Training, Research and Statistics in Agricultural Marketing
28. External Trade in Agricultural Products