The dynamics in the retailing landscape can be attributed to the technological changes in this digitalised age and its effect is visible on the evolving consumer behaviours. Organisations have been forced to integrate new tools of technology into their retailing processes, and also build up competitiveness. While earlier retailers were in the driver's seat, today, technology and digitalisation have empowered customers who can choose from the plethora of shopping options available in different retail forms and formats. This changed scenario is highly challenging for retailers; requiring them to adopt suitable new business models and retailing processes that attract customers towards their stores. This second edition of Retail Management which comprises of sixteen chapters is an attempt to examine the different facets of retail management process that could help to attract customers to stores, and in providing them seamless shopping experiences.
Specific Features of the Book :
- This is revised, updated and enlarged edition, and includes a range of chapters from the theories of retailing, through the various facets of the retail management process (retail market and financial strategies, HRM, retail marketing, CRM, etc.), to the contemporary forms of Multichannel and Omnichannel Retailing, and Online and International Retailing.
- The importance of technology usage in the current digitalised world is discussed in an exclusive chapter devoted to the role of IT Support Systems in retail transactions for improvising retailing operations.
- Going by the popularity of Big Data, a new chapter on Ethics and ethical use of data analytics in retailing has been included.
- Given the growth potential in rural markets, an exclusive chapter on 'Rural Market Retailing'.
- In view of the unprecedented occurrence of the pandemic and the disruptions it has caused, many real COVID-19 related examples have been included wherever possible.
- Every chapter starts with a real case discussion relevant to the concepts discussed therein.
1. Overview and Introduction to Retailing
2. Theories of Retailing and Types of Retailers
3. Indian Retail and Customer Shopping Behaviour
4. Multichannel and Omnichannel Retailing
5. Retail Market Strategy
6. Financial Strategy
7. Retail Site and Location
8. Human Resources Management (HRM)
9. Retail Marketing, Store Management and Visual Merchandising
10. Supply Chain Management in Retailing
11. Service, Quality and Customer Relationship Management
12. Information Technology (IT) Support Systems
13. Franchising, Brand and Mall Management
14. Online or E-tailing and International Retailing
15. Rural Market Retailing
16. Ethics, Big Data and Retailing