With the evolution and progress of industrial society, labour legislation has become very dynamic and complex. The labour enactments are of importance to managements for their proper implementation; for the employees to receive their statutory benefits; and for the government to enforce statutory provisions.
The book Industrial Regulations deals with eight labour enactments and annexes to it a skill development exercise. It is as per the course contents of 6th Semester B.Com of Bangalore University. The eight labour enactments are: the Payment of Wages Act; the Payment of Bonus Act; the Employees` State Insurance Act; the Employees` Compensation Act; the Payment of Gratuity Act; the Factories Act; the Minimum Wages Act; and the Employees` Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act.
The skill development exercise covers: (a) preparation of a list of statutory records and documents under the above enactments; (b) calculation of gratuity with an illustration; and (c) calculation of pension with an example.
1. The Payment of Wages Act 1936
2. The Payment of Bonus Act 1965
3. The Employees` State Insurance Act 1948
4. The Employees` Compensation Act 1923
5. The Payment of Gratuity Act 1972
6. The Factories Act 1948
7. The Minimum Wages Act 1948
8. The Employees` Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1952