The subject of INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS (INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC RELATIONS) has been assuming importance in recent years.
An attempt has been made in this book to analyze various problems and issues concerning international trade and international economic relations. All the relevant concepts and theories relating to international trade and international economic relations, have been analyzed with as much clarity as possible. Attempt has been made to cover practically all the topics included in the syllabi of most of the universities in India, as also those topics which are of interest to wider reading public.
Section I − This section covers theories of international trade, gains from trade and tariffs and import quotas.
Section II − It includes balance of trade and payments, gold standard, foreign exchange rates policy, exchange control etc.
Section III − This section includes all the topics covering the subject of `trade and Development`.
Section IV − is devoted for India`s international trade.
Section I - Theory of International Trade
1. Scope of International Economic
2. Characteristic Features of International Trade
3. The Classical Theory of International Trade
4. Haberler`s Opportunity Cost Theory of International Trade
5. Heckscher − Ohlin`s Theory of International Trade
6. Gains from Trade
7. Terms of Trade
8. Free Trade: Case For and Against
9. Tariffs and Import Quotas
Section II - International Finance
10. Balance of Trade and Balance of Payments
11. Measures to Correct Balance of Payments Disequilibrium
12. Gold Standard
13. Purchasing Power Parity Theory
14. Foreign Exchange Rates Policy
15. Policy of Exchange Control
Section III - Trade and Development
16. Commercial Policy and Economic Development of Less Developed Countries
17. Foreign Capital and Developing Countries
18. International Trade and Economic Development
Section IV - The World Economy
19. International Cooperation
20. International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
21. International Monetary Fund (IMF)
22. International Development Association (IDA), International Finance Corporation (IFC) and The Asian Development Bank (ADB)
23. Regional Economic Cooperation
24. General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) and The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
25. The World Trade Organisation
Section V - India`s International Trade
26. India`s International Trade