The ultimate aim of writing this book is to inculcate, motivate and maintain love for teaching and learning of Mathematics for the teacher-trainees and student`s world. This book is written keeping the Syllabus for most of the colleges of Education in India.
If the teachers love Mathematics, naturally, they will success in making the students love Mathematics. And once the students love Mathematics, it will become a very easy subject and they will get mastery in the subject. Ultimately the teachers will be able to justify the subject to a great extent.
To help the teacher-trainees to remember the points well, big big paras have been split up into small ones, as far as possible. To create and maintain interest in Mathematics, a teacher should know many riddles, puzzles and number-games, which been given in ample in the last chapter in the book. The students will enjoy it.
|Book Content of Teaching and Learning Mathematics in Modern Times
- Mathematics Education − Who Decides?
- What is Modern Mathematics?
- Euclidean & Non-Euclidean Methods of Study Geometry
- Curriculum in Mathematics
- Constructing Curriculum in Mathematics
- The Curriculum Construction : Problems, Bases, Types
- The Place of Mathematics in School Curriculum
- Teaching Mathematics
- Aims and Objectives of Teaching Math
- Planning for Effective Teaching and Learning
- Principles of Effective and Meaningful Learning in Math
- Means of Effective Instruction
- Audio-Visual Aids in Teaching of Mathematics
- Methods of Teaching Mathematics
- Techniques of Teaching Mathematics
- Strategies of Teaching Mathematics
- Using Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Communicating Mathematically : Support Technique
- Correlation in Teaching of Mathematics
- Enrichment & Recreational Programme for Gifted
- Backwardness in Math : Diagnostic Testing & Remedial Teaching
- Unit Planning and Daily Lesson Planning in Math
- Evolution in Math
- Micro-Teaching (MT)
- Programmed Learning in Mathematics
- A Brief History of Mathematics
- Contributions of Some Great Mathematicians
- Stimulating & Maintaining Interest in Mathematics
- Mathematics Laboratory and Library
- Mathematics Text Books
- Mathematics Teacher
- Mathematics Club
- Mathematics for Recreation