This is a text written exclusively to help B.Com students of Delhi University learn the essentials of Business Organisation & Management. The text offers a rich repository of contemporary knowledge, time-tested principles, basic concepts, and evolving theories, emerging ideas, latest techniques. ever changing procedures and practices in the field of Business Organisation in a lucid way. It is a student-friendly textin every sense of the term since it takes a refreshingly fresh view of the subject − keeping the unique requirements of students in mind. To contain boredom and eliminate monotony, the author has made a sincere attempt to present the subject matter in a novel and unique format. There are several other meritorious features that differentiate the book from other texts existing in the market currently:
1. Focus on clarity, clarity and clarity : The subject matter has been presented in a simple, easy to understand language.. Every attempt has been made to maintain easy readability and quick comprehension.
2. Extensive use of examples : Suitable examples have been extensively used to convey the meaning of a topic in an interesting manner.
3. Showing the door to jargon : There is no use of jargon, definitions, and unnecessary elaborations anywhere in the text. Instead there is great emphasis on clarifying the topic through corporate insights, real life incidents and company experiences.
4. Most recent data and research evidence : Every attempt has been made to present only latest information - using research evidence to elaborate a point wherever possible. Care has been taken to cite only the most recent events and relevant information.
5. Both sides of a coin : Wherever required. the plus and minus sides of a controversial topic have been advanced with a view to make the student look at both sides of a coin with an inquisitive mind.
6. Surgical operation to cut the excess fat : The present work reflects a serious attempt to cut the excess fat in a ruthless fashion. Before carrying out the surgical operation, the author has taken valuable feedback from students as well. Several brain storming sessions with faculty handling the subject have virtually compelled the author to concentrate on the essentials of the subject more closely.
7. Research based text : All examples are contemporary. The research .support is excellent in the sense almost all the current material available on a topic - including texts, journals, magazines, newspapers, websites have been explored and presented in a concise, reader-friendly way.
8. Indian flavour : Though a large number of examples from the global market place have been used, the book does not lose touch with Indian ways of doing things. There is scrupulous adherence to audience requirements since the book is meant for Indian students.
9. Learning aids : Along with examples and corporate insights a number of study aids have been pressed into service to present the excitement and dynamism of a topic − such as tables, charts, figures, incidents etc.
10. Test questions : A carefully selected list of questions that compel a student to sit through subject in a critical fashion have been appended to each chapter, of course, keeping the examination needs of audience in the back drop. These questions should help the student focus attention on key ideas that have been explained in each chapter and stimulate clear thinking.
1. Business System and Contemporary Business Environment
2. Forms of Business Organisation
3. Entrepreneurial Process
4. Emerging Trends in Business
5. Planning and Strategy Formulation
6. Decision Making
9. Types of Organisation Structures
10. Delegation and Decentralisation of Authority
11. Dynamics of Group Behaviour
15. Marketing Management
16. Financial Management
17. Human Resource Management
18. Management of Change
19. Management of Conflict