The book has been prepared according to the new core curriculum syllabus for Higher Secondary Classes (XI and XII Std), accepted at the National and State Levels and which has come into force from the academic session 2011-12.
Honouring the valuable suggestions from the fellow-teachers, the exact requirements of the students for the preparation and my personal observations during my long experience in writing the books, teaching and guiding the students for competitive examinations, I could present this book with all necessary reforms to make it acceptable to all.
The difficulties, commonly faced by the students, appearing for competitive examinations for admission to professional courses like Medical, Engineering, Pharmacy etc. have been taken care of, to the maximum possible extent.
The salient features of the book are -
- Adequate text on theory portion is given in the beginning of every unit.
- Special attraction "Points To Note" have been added in the text to enable the students to make the revision faster.
- "Points To Note" includes all important points of the concerned unit, assembled at one place, for the convenience of the students.
- All important formulae are collected together at the end of each unit under "Formulae For Ready Use", making their reference easy.
- The questions of higher difficulty level, to induce thinking ability among the students, have been specially incorporated.
- The solutions to some questions, which are typical and above the average difficulty level, are given at the end of each unit.
- Special care has been taken to give justice to all sub-units and units of the entire syllabus while framing the questions.
- All possible types of questions, including "Multiple Facet Questions" have been included to help the students for genuine preparation.
- The questions appeared in the question papers of last 10-15 years examinations of JEE, NEET, AIEEE, CBSE-PMT, AIIMS, AFMC, BITS etc. are also incoporated. The solutions of these questions are also given for the convenience of then students.
Some sets of Model Question Papers are added at the end of this book, which will enable the students to judge their preparation and also the time management.
Std XI (Part-I)
1. Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
2. Structure of Atom
3. Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
4. Chemical Bonding and Moleculer Structure
5. States of Matter (Gases and Liquids)
6. Surface Chemistry
8. Redox Reactions
10. s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
11. Some p-Block Elements
12. Basic Principles and Techniques in Organic Chemistry
14. Environmental Chemistry
Std XII (Part-II)
1. Solid State
4. Chemical Kinetics
5. Chemical Thermodynamics
6. Nuclear Chemistry
7. General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
8. p-Block Elements
9. d- and f-Block Elements
10. Coordination Compounds
11. Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
12. Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
13. Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
14. Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
17. Chemistry in Everyday Life
NEET - 2017 Test Paper with Answer & Solutions
JEE (Main) - 2017 Question Paper with Solutions
JEE (Advance) - 2017 Paper I & II Question Paper with Solutions