Organisation theory is the attempt to explain and predict the behavior of organizations through observation, analysis, and generalization. The purpose of organization structure and design was and is to understand how organization do what they do in hope finding way to do it better.
Together, organization theory, structure and design help to explain how organization can be more rational than individual structural and thus able to explain, for example, why ten per cent of organization's parts can be absent on given day and the organization still work the same way; and show variance deep inside organization by variations in what the individual parts have to do – and by extension, they should explain variation among organizations as well why some parts of a single organization are so different from others.
1. Introduction to Organisation and Organisation Theory
2. Determinants of Organisation Structure
3. Organisation Structure, Design and Organisation Effectives
4. Managing Organisation Culture and Evolution
5. Variants of Organizations
6. Managing Dynamic Processes
7. Managing Organisation Conflict
8. Managing Organisation Change
9. Managing Organisational Excellence
References and Bibliography