The Indian financial system has been increasingly influenced in recent times by financial innovations in terms of products and instruments, adoption of modern technologies, opening up of the financial markets to the global economy, streamlining of the regulatory frameowrk and so on. In the aftermath of this changing financial scenario, students of humanities are badly in need of a suitable book covering all these aspects and incorporating the latest development in the respective fields.
Realising the imperative need to bring out a suitable book on "Indian Financial System" tailored to meet the specific requirements of students of Orissa, Ravenshaw and nearby Universities, a modest attempt has been made to present this edition in the hands of the academic community. The speciality of this volume is that all the matters are presented in a lucid manner and in simple language. All latest developments have been covered and above all, it is most student-friendly. This book owes its consummation to various distinguished personalities who have expressed their views on this subject in different books, journals, magazines and papers.
1. Financial System
2. Money Market
3. Primary Market/New Issue Market
4. Secondary Market/Stock Exchange
5. Financial Institutions - Commercial Banks
6. Development Financial Institutions
7. Non-Banking Financial Institutions
8. Mutual Funds
9. Regulatory Institutions - Reserve Bank of India
10. Regulatory Institutions - Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI)