The solution of environmental pollution, solitics concentrated multidisciplinary concerted endeavour. Ignorance of is no excuse. However ignorance of fact, what the law is and where to locate it, particularly, in the case of environmental law, which are techno-legal character, may become a casually for polluter, preventer and sufferer.
This is the first humble attempt to write complete code on enviornmental laws. This book provides a coherent and integrated picture of all laws related to enviornment, supplemented with technical aspects of its implementation.
It covers Environmental Protection Act, 1986, Environmental Rules,laws related to handling of Hazardous chemicals, Factory Act, Laws on water, Air pollution, Public Liability Insurance Act, 1991.
This book will serve as guide and reference book and techno-legal manual for the day to day use of lawyers, industries, judges, techno-crates, secretaries, consultants, government and semi-government departments, research scholars.
1. Awareness about Environment.
Introduction, TWenty-Six Principles, Chipko Movement, Non-Aligned Conference
2. The Environmental Protection Act, 1986
3. Notification under Environmental (Protection) Act, 1986
4. Environment Protection Rules, 1986
5. Environmental (Protection) Rules, 1987
6. Environmental Protection Rules, 1988 (Fourth Amendment Supplement to IV)
7. Emergence of Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974
8. The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974
9. Water(Prevention and Control of Pollution) Amendment Act, 1988
10. The Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981
11. Laws Relating to Hazardous Substances and Factories Act, 1948
12. Environmental Laws and Implementation
13. Important Provisions of the Recently Enacted Environmental Statutes, as Relevant to Industries
14. Factories Act - A Statute on Safety and Health in Factories
15. Safety and Health Requiremens under Factories Act, 1948
16. Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 and Environmental Protection.
17. Guidelines Issued by Government of India
18. Wildlife Conservation
19. The Public Liability Insurance Act, 1991