The present book is written with the purpose of becoming a primary resource for Business Analytics for management students. This book tries to provide a holistic approach of business analytics with the utilization of various theoretical foundations, applications of theory, and using practical examples of companies, industries, and sectors. The content of the book starts with overview of business intelligence and business analytics with their applications, key differences between two, and types of analytics with practical examples. The middle chapters discuss on various types of digital data and their sources, concept of data warehouse, data lake, data mart, and data mining in comprehensive manner. Followed by the discussions of visualization, business reporting, and dashboards which are must tools for various management decisions. The end chapters discuss the text, web, social media and big data analytics and application of analytics in various business support functions as well as application of analytics in Telecom, Retail, Healthcare, and Financial services.
The salient features of the book:
– Single source of introductory knowledge on Business Analytics and its applications.
– Covers the complete concepts of business analytics and business intelligence with real-life corporate examples.
– Covers the various reporting tools managers use for their various decision-making.
– All the concepts are explained with theoretical foundations and real practical examples.
– Discussion of applications of business analytics in telecom, retail, healthcare, and financial services.
1. Overview of Business Intelligence
2. Introduction to Business Analytics
3. Types of Digital Data
4. Introduction to Data Warehouse and Concepts
5. Business Reporting and Visual Analytics
6. Introduction to Data Mining and Concepts
7. Text, Web and Big Data Analytics
8. Business Performance Management
9. Applications Analytics