The Guide to Objective Mathematics for Engineering Entrance Examination is an outcome of thirty-two years of experience in guiding students successfully in various engineering entrance examinations. Comprising of thirty-seven chapters, this book emphasizes on making the students understand the concepts explaining the fundamental principles in a lucid and unambiguous manner and guiding them in learning and retaining the techniques of solving the problems in the minimum possible time. The book is noteworthy in the following aspects:
- Each chapter contains concise definitions and explanations of basic principles and illustrative examples to enable the students to recall the subject matter of the chapter before attempting to answer the questions.
- Problems have been categorised into various types, and working rules to help the students in solving them have also been provided.
- Large number of problems that have been asked in the competitive examinations in the recent past have been included in the text.
- To enable the students make a self-assessment, practice exercises covering all the topics in each chapter have been provided at the end.
- Eleven Self-evaluation Papers based on different competitive examinations have been provided at the end to facilitate students understand the pattern and the type of questions asked in different examinations.
- The answers to almost all unsolved problems have been thoroughly checked.
VOLUME - I
1. Sets, Relations and Functions
2. Complex Numbers
4. Quadratic Equations
6. Miscellaneous Equations
7. Mathematical Induction
8. Permutation and Combination
9. Binomial Theorem
10. Exponential and Logarithmic Series
13. Measurement of Angles
14. Trigonometrical Ratios and Identities
15. Trigonometrical Equations and General Values
16. Inverse Circular Functions
17. Properties and Solutions of Triangles
18. Heights and Distances
19. Co-ordinates, Lengths of Segments
20. The Straight Line
21. Pair of Straight Lines
VOLUME - II
22. The Circle
23. Conic Sections
24. Co-ordinate Geometry (3D)
27. Continuity and Discontinuity
29. Application of Derivatives
30. Indefinite Integral
31. Definite Integrals
32. Differential Equations
35. Mathematical Reasoning