Text Book of Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a broadly recognized text on the subject primarily meant for D. Pharma students. This book is also useful for B.Pharm students studying Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry. The text covers the new syllabus framed by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), 2020 for Diploma course in Pharmacy in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary No. 435, Part-III, Section-4. The book attentively explains principles and fundamentals of pharmaceutical chemistry.
It begins with the general overview of pharmaceutical chemistry followed by chapters that cover the fundamentals and principles of volumetric and gravimetric analysis, pharmaceutical formulations, market preparations, storage conditions and uses of inorganic pharmaceuticals.
Subsequent chapters discuss brand name, chemical name, properties, pharmaceutical uses, storage and stability, marketed preparations, dosage form and officials of all the medicinal compounds mentioned in the syllabus. Each chapter contains exercises that will help the students to evaluate their studies.
1. Introduction to Pharmaceutical Chemistry
2. Volumetric and Gravimetric Analysis
3. Inorganic Pharmaceuticals
4. Nomenclature of Organic Compounds
5. Drugs Acting on Central Nervous System
6. Drugs Acting on Autonomic Nervous System
7. Drugs Acting on Cardiovascular System
9. Hypoglycemic Agents
10. Analgesic and Anti-inflammatory Agents
11. Anti-infective Agents
13. Anti-neoplastic Agents