This readable, practical book helps business people quickly understand what Business Intelligence is, how it works it`s used, and why and when to use it - all illustrated by case studies.
A key aspect of Business Intelligence is that first word: "Business", More than any other technology. Business Intelligence succeeds when the business side is intimately involved in determining what will constitute the "Intelligence" that IT can produce. Business Intelligence refers to application and technologies to help users make better business decisions. Intelligence consists of discovering, identifying and understanding problems occurring in the organisation - why there is a problem, where and what effects it is having on the organisation.
All too often business data is hard to get at and use - thus slowing decision-making to crawl. This insightful book illustrates how organisation can make better, faster decisions about their customers, partners, and operations by turning mountains of data into valuable business information that`s always at fingertips of decision-makers. You`ll learn what is involved in using Business Intelligence to bring together information, people, and technology to create successful business strategies - and how to execute those strategies with confidence.
The topics covered include : -
- Introduction of business intelligence from business side, discover the basics behind business intelligence, such as how it is defined, why and how to use it in your organisation.
- What characteristics, components and general architecture most business intelligence solutions share.
- The case of BI illustrates how world leaders in finance, manufacturing, hoteliers, insurance and retail have successfully implemented BI solutions and see what benefits they have reaped.
- The practice of BI: Find out what is involved in implementing a BI solution in your organisation, including how to identify your BI opportunities, what decisions you must make to get a BI project going, and what to do to sustain the momentum so that you can continue to make sense of all the data you gathered.
- Data management where you learn about data quality, data architectures, master data management, right time data.
- BI organizing for success: Know about Business IT partnership, requirements driven BI, gate agents, waterfall and agile development techniques.
Chapter 1 - Business Intelligence an Introduction
Chapter 2 - Data Management and BI Organizing For Success
Chapter 3 - Market Intelligence
Chapter 4 - BI Through Data Warehousing
Chapter 5 - Future of BI
Business Intelligence Cases and Case lets
Business Intelligence Glossary
Data Warehousing Glossary